- To develop an interest in exploring human behaviour and social issues through an economic perspective
- To understand the world in which they live through mastery of basic economic knowledge
- To enhance their general intellectual capacity for life-long learning, through developing their capacities in economic analysis, so that they possess the skills necessary for reasoning about issues and making rational choices
- To participate as informed and responsible citizens in the decision-making processes of a modern democratic society
- Participate in business related competitions, and debates to sharpen students’ analytical skills.
- Visit companies to understand how economic theories are practiced in real world.
- Visit financial managing institution to understand our financial system.
- This curriculum comprises two parts. The Compulsory Part covers basic concepts and topics in Microeconomics and Macroeconomics. The elective Part includes elements that call for extended analysis and broader economic knowledge.
- The senior secondary Economics curriculum incorporates microeconomic core concepts and skills for the analysis of choice, such as cost and value, production and consumption.
- Elementary macroeconomic models and tools are introduced to prepare students to understand the Marco economy. For the analysis of aggregate economic performance, the AS-AD approach is adopted. Also, the Quantity Theory of Money is brought in to explain inflation.
- For elective part, we extend students’ understanding of trade theory with the use of production possibilities frontier, and broadens their knowledge about economic growth.