Business, Accounting and Financial Studies (BAFS)
- Provide students at senior secondary level with fundamental business knowledge and skills, and develop their positive values and attitudes, so that they can fulfil their roles competently and confidently as consumers, investors, employees and/or entrepreneurs;
- Develop students’ generic skills in research, analysis, leadership, team-building, communication, critical thinking, creativity, and problem-solving and transfer them to different domains; and
- Explore different aspects of business to prepare students for life, for learning and for employment.
BAFS equips students with the necessary knowledge and skills, positive values and attitudes to contribute to the business sector and society at large. The learning targets of the curriculum are to enable students to:
- Understand and critically evaluate local and global business issues, not only as members of the business world but also as responsible and effective citizens;
- Appreciate the pace of change in the business world, so that they become reflective, self-motivated and self-managed lifelong learners, who can act proactively and make informed decisions in an ever-changing environment;
- Be equipped with an understanding and capability to search for, interpret, analyze and make use of information for business development; and
- Develop an awareness of and interest in business for planning their academic and career development.
The curriculum is organized into a Compulsory Part and an Elective Part. The Compulsory Part consists of two strands, namely Accounting Strand and Business Management Strand, whereas the Elective Part consists of Accounting Module and Business Module. Accounting Module is divided into Financial Accounting and Cost Accounting and Business Management Module is composed of Introduction to Management, Financial Management, Human Resources Management and Marketing Management respectively.